Saturday, April 07, 2012

Couple Getaways - G - Greengable Gardens

Located not too far from Philomath, Oregon is a treasure of a place called Greengable Gardens. There you'll find a 10-acre historic collectors garden dating from 1930. Enjoy a stroll on stone footpaths through gardens with waterfalls, lily ponds, gazebos, cut flower fields and more. It's a peaceful place to walk among beauty with your sweetheart beside you.

Hubby and I have been there a few times, and it takes my breath away. Everywhere you look there's color. There are so many trails you can spend the entire day there. It's also a beautiful spot for a wedding. I sought out this place because of the name. One of my most favorite books is Anne of Green Gables. I still read it at least once a year.





There is also a Tulip Festival held each year during the first two weekends in April, and they have a ton of them.


If you're looking for a quiet place to enjoy nature for the day, I recommend stopping by Greengable Gardens.




All throughout April I'll be posting about Couple Getaways as part of the A-Z Challenge. I hope you'll stop by for the next destination! No passport necessary ;)

~Ann Cory

1 comment:

Savannah Chase said...

Oh how pretty..I wish I could see this place in person..