Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fabulosity!

It's time for Friday Fabulosity!

Each Friday I plan to post about some fabulosity that I encountered during the week -whether it's wine, movies, food, books, favorite or new to me authors, and well-whatever strikes me as pretty fabulous. So, let's get fabulous!



As I've mentioned, I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner most nights. The 2008 Shannon Ridge Cabarnet Sauvignon is exceptional and has made a regular appearance on our dinner table. The price is affordable - always a plus - and goes down smooth. Pairs well with roast beef, roast chicken, and lamb.




This week the family and I watched Secretariat. I had no idea I'd enjoy it. The movie is so much more than about horse racing, it's also about a strong woman who saved her family and her family's farm. There were parts that made me teary eyed, and parts that made me cheer, but it was John Malkovich (love him) who had all of us cracking up. He had the best lines. Diane Lane, James Cromwell, and Scott Glenn also star in the movie. I like movies that showcase a heroine, and teaches others to not give up and to reach for their dreams. Fabulous indeed!




I'm a sucker for a gorgeous cover. The moment I saw the cover to Blood Rights by Kristin Painter, I had to pre-order it. Seriously, it exudes the very essence of fabulosity. Releases in October.




This week I made a fabulous chicken dish. It's so fabulous I don't really have a name for it. All you need is boneless chicken breasts, parmesan cheese, spinach, and prosiutto. Pound the chicken flat. Put a slice of prosiutto across the chicken lengthwise. Add a tablespoon of cooked spinach. Add a tablespoon of cheese. Roll up and heat in a 360 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes. Tastes delish!

What made your week fabulous?

No comments: