Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back from vacation!!

I couldn't have ordered better weather while on our vacation. It was an absolute blast :)

We headed for the coast on Sunday and grabbed some lunch, unpacked at the beach house we stayed at, and then walked on the beach. I love the feel of sand on the bottom of my feet. The sun sparkled along the top of the ocean and made it glitter like diamonds. People were flying kites, having picnics, and basking in the sunlight. Later that night we BBQ'd some chicken burgers, popped some popcorn, and watched a movie.

Monday we spent most of our time at the Oregon Coast Aquarium and watched the seals, otters, sea lions, puffins, and other marine life they have. Otters are just too cute, floating on their backs and enjoying the water :) We went out to dinner and yes, I ate too much lol.

Tuesday was fabulous. We went to the community hall and had a delicious pancake breakfast put on by the people who live there. They do it every year and has been our tradition for 12 years. Afterwards we walked along the loop and looked at all the arts and crafts booths that were out. I had a hard time not wanting to buy up everything I liked, but I had to have peanut brittle, lol.
The parade started at 1:00 and I think it was the biggest one yet! Great floats, old fancy cars, horses and llamas, marching bands, and all sorts of fun surprises. We went back to the house and BBQ'd up burgers, rested up, and then headed to the beach.

Later that evening we had dinner and found a spot on the beach to watch the fireworks. They put on an incredible show. There's nothing like watching fireworks over the water as you sit on the beach. Of course we smelled horrible and had to shower when we got home and then we all conked out for the night.

Wednesday we went all over the place before deciding we should head home. I'm always sad when I leave the beach and it was more noticeable this time around. The 4th of July has always been a time I spend with my mom, and not having her this year left an emptiness inside. I thought of her often and especially as I walked along the beach.

Now that I'm back home, I've been going through the 6000 emails and trying to get caught up on chats, edits, newsletters, and updating my website! I think it will be a late night tonight,lol.

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July~~~