Monday, October 09, 2006

Birthday Celebration and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

I had a wonderful weekend, my hubby and son took very good care of me and made my birthday a special one :) Today I'm still celebrating at The Story Board, if you'd like to come on by!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tonight, when hubby comes home from work, we'll be celebrating his Canadian Thanksgiving - since sweetie is Canadian. It's actually kind of nice to celebrate Thanksgiving twice a year - I get double the excuse to go off the diet and feast! So, to all the Canadians - HAPPY THANKSIVING!!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And if you think that is enough partying - we are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary on Tuesday. It's been a lot of fun and all this extra eating means more trips to the gym! lol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before I go on, let me annouce the blog winners from last week who will win a copy of Haunt Me Taunt Me - LADYVAMPIRE2U and DEBORAH CHAN!! Please email me at anncory_erotica@yahoo.com with BLOG WIN in the subject line and which format you would like. CONGRATS!!!


This week's blog contest prize is a copy of my book A Haunting in the Cathouse. All you have to do is post this week and you are entered to win! I'll choose 2 winners next Monday!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Want a sneak peek of my cover for Spoiled Candy? It's part of the All Hallow's Eve line from Venus Press and will be out October 18th. I soooo cannot wait!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Don't forget the fun things going on with the Moonglade Elite Authors! All month long we're doing a scavenger hunt and yes you can win prizes!! I believe the first 3 clues are already up, with more to come! For all the details, click here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I'll be partying it up both at The Story Board and the MEA BLOG - so say hi and come in your birthday suit!! :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Question of the day?
Speaking of birthdays, who is going to help me blow out these birthday candles?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hubby and I went to see the movie The Departed, which believe it or not, was really good. I don't usually like mobster movies, but for whatever reason, it appealed to me. The acting was great and I was left guessing all the way to the end - a rarity in movies these days I find. Afterwards we went to our favorite wine bar, had a glass of Pinot, and listened to a jazz band. Sweetie then treated me to a nice breakfast, lunch, and dinner on my birthday - along with a birthday cake! I got some lovely gifts, but my favorite is always the cards - I love cards. My son wrote me the sweetest poem - it brought me to tears. I'm such a sap, lol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Want another sneak peek cover? This one is Blame the Rain coming late November from Samhain Publishing. Click here.

My newsletter will be out this week - but be sure to check out my new contest for October!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okay, I'm off to party. I'd love for you to join me! *flinging confetti*
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

40 comments:

Y said...

HELLO! How you doing? It sounds like you've got a lot of stuff going on... like usual! ;) I've asked you a hundred times before, but how do you do it?

Digging the new covers too. Very nice. Okay, here's hoping you have a GREAT day and week! :)

Crystal Stone said...

Blame the Rain book cover is awesome...I want a tote bag...LOL...I love all of the pictures you have on the post today...Sorry I went out today...I will hopefully be able to play more next week...

Pamk said...

Glad you had a happy birthday and tell you hubby Happy thanksgiving. And wow love the cover and I want the tote looks cool. And the happy birthday buns. I love that

Billie L said...

Congratulations on all of your celebrating!

Funny how these things happen isn't it? In September I had 5 days of celebrating in our family. It started with my anniversary on the 15th and then my birthday on the 16th. After that is my nieces birthday on the 17th. The 18th is my sister-in-laws birthday and then the 19th is my father-in-laws birthday as well as another sister-in-laws birthday. It seemed as if we were celebrating for a couple of weeks. lol

Ali said...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you and your family, Ann!
By the way, I'd love to help blow out those candles...I'm always willing to volunteer for those tough jobs :-)

Estella said...

Love the cover for Spoiled Candy!

Tam said...

"Happy Birthday & Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!"

Jenn on the Island said...

Oh Ann! I missed your birthday!!

I'm such a thoughtless cad!

I do have the excuse of being Canadian and making Thanksgiving dinner for my BIL's baseball team who were on the island for a tournament...

It sounds like you had a great day, though.

I can't wait to see The Departed. I love mobster movies and anything directed by Martin Scorcese, but there's just one more reason...can ya guess!

Oh, and you naughty girl! I can't believe you asked who wants to blow that guy's candle!

;)
Happy Belated!

Sara Dennis said...

A belated but very happy birthday, Ann. Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

robynl said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby. We had our turkey on Sunday evening and all the trimmings-I'm from Canada also and live here.

ywsmith said...

I am glad you had a wonderful birthday, Thanksgiving, and anniversary.

Love the cover and I am more than happy to help you blow out the candles. ;)

Cathryn Fox said...

Hey Anne, I didn't realize your hubby is Canadian, like me!! Where is he from?

Anonymous said...

Love those birthday candles!

Cynthia W

Joan said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I celebrated mine in September. Happy Halloween.

Beth said...

Happy Belated Birthday

glenna day said...

Happy belated birthday. Oh and since my bday is 10/12 I'll help you blow out those candles. HE HE

Ann Cory said...

Hey Y :) For my birthday - I got the flu :/ So, I've spent the rest of the week in bed *sigh*

It's always great when you pop in :)

Ann Cory said...

Waving hi to Crystal :) Isn't the cover HOT - I'd love to run my tongue along...err...anywho - I have a fever with this flu, so I don't need to make myself even more feverish, lol. Hope you had a wonderful bday as well *hugs*

Ann Cory said...

Thanks so much Pam :) *tosses confetti*

Ann Cory said...

Billie - WOW - you do have a lot of family stuff all at once, but it's fun, isn't it? I would have had more fun had I not gotten sick *sigh*

Thanks for stopping by!

Ann Cory said...

Lol!! Thanks Ali - I love how those candles are placed :) We can blow them out and then relight them again! lol

*hugs sweetie*

Ann Cory said...

Thank you Estella :) I'm really pleased with it too! I can't wait for it to come out!

Ann Cory said...

Thank you so much Tam!!!!

Ann Cory said...

Hey the lovely Jenn from the island - I had a feeling you'd want to see The Departed - and I have to say Mark does an amazing job in his role!!

Ann Cory said...

Thank you sweet Sara :)

Ann Cory said...

Thank you Robyn :) I Hope you had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving as well!!

Ann Cory said...

Aha! Ywsmith will help blow out the candles too!! YAY :) Thank you for all the wishes *hugs*

Ann Cory said...

Hi Cathryn!! Hubby is from Ontario :) I hope you had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving sweets :)

Ann Cory said...

Thank you Cynthia - aren't those candles well places? *grin*

Ann Cory said...

Thanks so much Joan - I hope you had a wonderful bday as well!

Ann Cory said...

Thank you Beth *Hugs*

Ann Cory said...

Thank you Glenna - and Happy Birthday to you as well :) *squee and confetti*

Jeanette J said...

Congrats on your birthday and your anniversary..love the picture of the birthday "buns"

Zinnia said...

Spoiled Candy is a cool title!

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I was unable to attend your party on your group, but I was able to get through the messages finally!
Hope you had a good Canadian Thanksgiving too!

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I was unable to attend your party on your group, but I was able to get through the messages finally!
Hope you had a good Canadian Thanksgiving too!

Meljprincess said...

A HAUNTING IN THE CATHOUSE. What a fabulous title! I love it. Love those birthday buns as well. *weg*
Glad you had a good birthday, Ann. I sent you a e-mail after I read your newsletter. Did you get it?

Ann Cory said...

Thank you so much Jeanette :) Aren't those buns great? lol

Ann Cory said...

Thanks Zinnia :) It's great to see you!! *hugs*

Susan said...

Hope you had a great thanksgiving. I definately ate too much. Oh and punkin pie doesn't have one calorie! ok it has more.
Holiday calories never count.